The Patchogue-Medford Library Guide to Nursery Schools has been compiled by the staff of the Children’s & Parents’ Services Department. It is intended to assist parents in choosing the most appropriate preschool or child care program for their children. The information is provided as given by each school and will be updated as new information is received. This is a service provided by the library and in no way constitutes a recommendation.
The Child Care Council of Suffolk County can provide an explanation of the types of child care available as well as information on evaluating the various programs.
Child Care Council of Suffolk County, Inc.
60 Calvert Avenue
Commack, NY 11725
Each school entry contains the following information:
- Nursery School
- Age range within groups:
- Hours, days:
- Tuition and types of payments:
- Extended hours for day care:
- Kindergarten Program:
- Summer Program:
- Non-Financial obligations of parents:
- Type of transportation available, cost:
- Ratio of children to teachers:
- Large motor activity areas available, indoor and outdoor:
- Field trips:
- Parent/teacher conferences, how often:
- If located in a religious building, what is relationship between school and religious
- Philosophy of school: